Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Empty space in bar graphs

With the last update of Numbers (at least I'm assuming so, since I've never had this problem), my bar graphs keep coming out with this huge gap between the y-axis and the bars themselves. The bars are off center and it looks terrible and I can't figure out how to fix it. Can someone please help? Thank you!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 7:22 AM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2014 10:11 AM in response to bikescene152

The problem is your table layout or your selection of data for the chart. As laid out, "Male" and "Female" are not series names, they are data points. "Male" and "Female" are text so they do not get plotted but they do take up space on the chart. Wayne's change was to move "Male" and "Female" into the header row. Another solution would be to leave the table as you have it but not select that row when creating your chart. Wayne's suggestion is the "Numbers way" to do it and I recommend it as the solution to your problem but there are times you have to (or want to) do it this other way.

User uploaded file

Empty space in bar graphs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.