Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgot my screen unlock code. how do i unlock screen?

forgot my screen unlock code. how do i unlock the screen

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 8:43 AM

Hello djimmy from tx,

It sounds like do not remember the passcode on your iPod classic. Use the following steps to unlock your iPod nano:

Unlocking iPod

You can unlock iPod in one of two ways:

• Enter the combination on iPod using the same controls you used to set the combination. If you do not enter the correct combination, the digits onscreen flash red. When you enter the combination correctly, iPod will unlock and return you to the last viewed screen.
  • Connect iPod to the primary computer you use it with (the first one iPod synced with), and open iTunes. When you disconnect iPod from the computer, it will no longer be locked.
If you can't unlock iPod using either of these methods, you can restore your iPod to factory settings. Please note that this will erase all data on your iPod. Afterwards, you can add your music and data back to iPod. If you want to change the primary computer that your iPod is associated with, do this:
  1. Restore your iPod. Warning: The restore process cannot be undone. All of your songs and files will be deleted. Always make a backup of your important data.
  2. Connect your iPod to the computer that you want to be the primary computer.
  3. Open iTunes and synchronize.

Find the full article here:

iPod: How to use the Screen Lock

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1350

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2014 8:43 AM in response to djimmy from tx

Hello djimmy from tx,

It sounds like do not remember the passcode on your iPod classic. Use the following steps to unlock your iPod nano:

Unlocking iPod

You can unlock iPod in one of two ways:

• Enter the combination on iPod using the same controls you used to set the combination. If you do not enter the correct combination, the digits onscreen flash red. When you enter the combination correctly, iPod will unlock and return you to the last viewed screen.
  • Connect iPod to the primary computer you use it with (the first one iPod synced with), and open iTunes. When you disconnect iPod from the computer, it will no longer be locked.
If you can't unlock iPod using either of these methods, you can restore your iPod to factory settings. Please note that this will erase all data on your iPod. Afterwards, you can add your music and data back to iPod. If you want to change the primary computer that your iPod is associated with, do this:
  1. Restore your iPod. Warning: The restore process cannot be undone. All of your songs and files will be deleted. Always make a backup of your important data.
  2. Connect your iPod to the computer that you want to be the primary computer.
  3. Open iTunes and synchronize.

Find the full article here:

iPod: How to use the Screen Lock

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1350

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

forgot my screen unlock code. how do i unlock screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.