Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Language - Hyphenation incorrect

I used to be able to define the text language in Pages (iWork 08), so the hyphenation would be correct and now this isn't possible! How come?

I am writing an essay in Portuguese and can't find a way of setting up the hyphenation correctly. I use my mac in english.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 11:54 AM

5 replies

Apr 2, 2014 12:26 PM in response to ritarparente

ritarparente wrote:

I used to be able to define the text language in Pages (iWork 08), so the hyphenation would be correct and now this isn't possible! How come?

The language setting in Pages 5 has moved to Edit > Spelling and Grammar > Show Spelling and Grammar. No idea if hyphenation still works. If not, go back to using Pages 4 or earlier.

Apr 4, 2014 5:52 AM in response to ritarparente

Hyphenation is 40% of the time incorrent in the new version of pages when writing in Portuguese (brazil), have to export all my texts to Pages 09 or word to final editing and printing. Don't even get me started with ALL the missing features on the latest version of Pages, I understand going to a more basic program for iOS or web based word processing, but on a computer plataform... come on...

Text Language - Hyphenation incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.