Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a problem with Siri

Hi

Recently I got a problem with Siri system , it works fine when I use my EarPods or when I access it with raise to speak .

But when I press the home button, screen shows Siri system and waits for my voice and it's like it can't hear anything.

In this mode it shows voice signals at the bottom of the screen but not my voice cause even when I don't talk it still moves.

What can I do to solve this ?!

Thank you all

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 12:33 PM

5 replies

Apr 4, 2014 7:37 AM in response to ..Leonardo..

Hello Leonardo,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with Siri. I found an article with some steps to take to troubleshoot Siri.

I recommend the following steps:

Ensure that Siri can clearly hear you

If Siri is unable to clearly understand what you are saying, make sure your microphones are not blocked.

iPhone 5

Verify that both the mic in the receiver opening and the mic near the rear camera are not blocked.

All models

• If you are using a protective case, try removing it.
  • Try turning your device off and then on again.

iOS: Troubleshooting Siri

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4079

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Apr 7, 2014 8:04 PM in response to ..Leonardo..

I have had this problem or a very similar one the last few days.

Executive summary: In brief, it was a hardware problem: I went to apple store, they check and as I was under the 1 year warranty they replaced my iphone 5.

Details:

Symptoms were strange: Siri and dictation did not work on the phone itself but did work with headphones. It appeared that neither Siri & dictation could not hear me (the wavy line did not move). The speakerphone also didn't work in that people could not hear me. However, Siri raise to speak worked, voice recording worked, etc. It seemed so bizarre that it could only be a software bug. But not.

Solution: I went to the apple store. They took the phone and checked it out. There was a hardware problem with one of the microphones. There is more than one microphone! One was broken.

There is the microphone on the bottom next to the speaker that makes sounds. This is the regular microphone one talks into. Then there is another microphone, a tiny one, on the back next to the camera. Apparently this one is for videos. Now most applicaitons just use the regular microphone but some applications use both. And Siri and dictation use both. And the little one was broken. Hardware problem. Phone was replaced.

Moral of the story: maybe it could be a software problem, but it can be hardware.

I got a problem with Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.