Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't get sound only on incoming calls, anyone had that problem?

I have tried restore, turning off and on, mute button, cleaning the dock port. I can't tell if it is in dock mode or not. please help before I throw my phone against the wall.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 12:15 PM

16 replies

Apr 2, 2014 12:52 PM in response to Connor188

Unfortunately no ;(, when someone calls now, there is nothing. It is so strange,because my music will play through the speakers,but most apps and all incoming calls will not. I have restored it today, thinking one of the apps had messed with my sound, but that didn't work either. Thanks for trying!

Apr 3, 2014 12:36 AM in response to silek

I also started having this problem about 2 days ago, and it started after upgrading to iOS 7.1 last week. The phone keeps switching in and out of silent mode (without the button being touched) and mostly stays in silent.

I tried restarting, reseting, restoring, cleaning the headphone jack, and nothing helps. I thought maybe it was stuck due to a headphone issue and I had minor success with a strage combination of restarting, switching out of mute and unplugging the headphones, but it lasted about 5 minutes and went back into silent.

I don't get sound only on incoming calls, anyone had that problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.