Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 7: Stop Breaking/Impeding the Use Of Local *.pac Files.

Once again, a release of Safari has hosed my ability to use a local proxy.pac file. I have a workaround, which is to put the file in ~/Library/Keychains, but from looking at

file:///System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WebKit2.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ com.apple.WebKit.NetworkProcess.sb, it looks like that will go away as an option when rdar://problem/10479685 is fixed. Why does Apple think people don't need to use local PAC files? I need mine to be on my system, not on a remote host. Please let me do that. And please bring back the ability to select a local PAC file from my machine via a file dialog. If that directory has to be on the "blessed sandboxed locations" list, then fine, but please let us know where said directory is. And give us assurance that it won't be arbitrarily taken away in the future.

I realize that this is more of a request to restore a feature, but I don't know where to send feature requests, and frankly, I'm hoping for a blizzard of "me too" responses.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Safari 7.0.3

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 1:14 PM

2 replies

Safari 7: Stop Breaking/Impeding the Use Of Local *.pac Files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.