Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with video audio sync using Bluetooth headphones

I have recently bought a pair of beats studio wireless headphones but when using my ipad there are sync issues with video and audio. Many apps have the problem but sky go seems to be the worst followed by YouTube. Apple video is not too bad but not perfect.

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 1:53 PM

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for the additional information. Due to the nature of your issue or question you may find more information by using another one of Apple's support resources - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

All the best,

Sheila M.

170 replies

Sep 18, 2017 4:24 PM in response to andré188

I can't believe it took me months to discover this. I have NOT been able to figure out why Adobe videos look and sound great except when I mean to precision edit using headphones. It's bluetooth. Lag doesn't matter when you're listening to a podcast or an audiobook because there's no picture.

Good thing I still have my trusty old Sony studio headphones!

Nov 24, 2017 10:02 AM in response to brandyja

I'm pretty sure it's apple / iOS specific. I recently purchased the sony wh-1000xm2 wireless headphones. They were perfect with video on my pixel 2 phone. However there is very noticeable delay when paired with my ipad pro 10.5. I reported it as an issue to apple. I've noticed some apps are better than others but none of them are perfectly in sync. This is pretty sad considering how hard apple is puhsing wireless.

It's not just my headphones as I have the same issue on my bose soundlink mini. I think some people notice it less or not at all, but I'm sure it's there with all bluetooth devices.

Apr 4, 2014 6:11 AM in response to jamieclarke

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with your new Bluetooth headphones. It can certainly get frustrating if the audio gets out of sync when using the headphones.

I recommend reviewing the sections titled "Resolution" and "Bluetooth disconnects, intermittent connectivity, or unable to find" in the following article for steps to troubleshoot the issue you described:

iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4562

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Sep 25, 2014 12:38 PM in response to jamieclarke

Guys, i asked beats support about this problem we’re facing and i just can’t believe their answer...they said the problem isn’t with the product, but there’re compatibility issues. Well, if it isn’t compatible with my macbook air, ipad and iphone, I don’t know wich produt it is compatible with. I’ll never buy another beats product again, and i regret terribly buying it. I had to buy a Sony headphone, and i have nothing to complain about it. Everyday i check if there’s an update with beats updater, but nothing so far...

Sep 25, 2014 2:12 PM in response to andré188

its a shame, the sound quality of the beats is great, but the lag is reddik, i gave up trying to find a fix as there isnt one. Returned the beats got platronics go2 for a quareter of the price, sound not as good, battery life not as good, fit not as good but no lag what soever. Maybe the next version powerbeats will be lagless

Oct 2, 2014 2:03 AM in response to jamieclarke

Hi

I've the same issue as you guys - I bought a pair of Wireless Beats... awesome sound but when I watch a movie, the audio is slightly out of synch with the video which is really disturbing to say the least. I don't think the issue is the headphones, it could be due to the Bluetooth version (currently 4.0) in the iPhone and iPad (currently own an iPad air) so it seems likely to be a software issue.

I recently asked a friend to pair my bluetooth headphones with his Blackberry mobile and to my surprise there were no issues at all, the audio and video completely worked together, no lag.

After this test we can conclude there's nothing wrong with these Headphones and I'd like Apple support to try out and test and see the results themselves on other mobiles - perhaps there's a software update in the pipeline?

Thanks.

Problem with video audio sync using Bluetooth headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.