Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi connection stops freqently. what do I need to do? How I can fix the problem

Hi there,

My Wi-Fi connection stops after 10 to 15 min's. Then I need to go back and reset and it will work up to next 15 min's, and it keeps doing that. Is there a software problem? How I can detect what or which softwere is creating this problem

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 1:42 PM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2014 1:43 PM in response to Nonosh625

Try resetting your SMC.

Resetting the SMC of an Intel-based portable Mac with a battery you should not remove on your own

Note: This will not delete any data.

The SMC is responsible for controlling various system functions. None of your data will be deleted by resetting the SMC.

Shut down the computer by going to Apple () > Shut Down…

Select Shut Down or allow the computer to shut down automatically.

Plug in the MagSafe power adapter into a power source and then connect it to your Mac if you have not already done so.

On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift (), Control (), and Option () keys and the Power Button at the same time.

Release the (left side) Shift (), Control (), and Option () keys and the Power Button at the same time.

I hope I helped.

Austin

Wi-Fi connection stops freqently. what do I need to do? How I can fix the problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.