Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting this error "This document was changed in another application" but I am not opening this doc in another application

Pages 5.2

OSX 10.9.2

I have been getting this error (on keynote as well)

"This document was changed in another application. To work on that version, click Revert. Changes you made here will be saved as a version on your Mac. Tip: If you’re using an online storage service, avoid opening the same document on multiple computers at once"

I am only working on this doc on my MacBook Pro (Ipad is OFF),

not running pages on my phone

not logged into iCloud in safari

document saved to my hard drive (not iCloud or dropbox)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 2:28 PM

5 replies

Apr 5, 2014 3:49 AM in response to academiasalad

Getting the same message. Started with the latest update a few days ago. So I guess it's a glitch in the current version and hope Apple will solve that soon by issuing another update which fixes that. It's really annoying and makes it quite impossible to use the application at all.

Meanwhile open Pages, go to Pages, Provide Pages Feedback, choose Feedback Type: Bug Report and explain the problem in the Comments box.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html

I think that's all you can do for now. But it's important for people to report the problem since I don't know how closely Apple is monitoring these Forums.

Jul 4, 2014 6:14 AM in response to academiasalad

I'm getting the same for every document I create in Pages 5.2 but only when my documents are located on a LAN-storage. I have a Synology server where I keep my documents. They are not open on multiple machines. It's a real problem as it keeps interfering with the work-flow, getting these alerts almost every 30 seconds and having to click on the non-highlighted response-option of "Save Anyway" (rather than Revert). A slip of a finger and it can wipe out your changes. Really bad design.

'

I keep getting this error "This document was changed in another application" but I am not opening this doc in another application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.