Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dried out my ipod 5th generation with rice method.charged it. My screen is black but if i press the home button for long enough it says siri not available. Any ideas how to fix it?

Dried out my ipod 5th generation with rice method. My screen is black but if i press the home button for long enough it says siri not available. Any ideas how to fix it?

It was still on (ie screen was working except saying that it didnt recongise the the usb or something) after been semerged in water for about thirty seconds. Turned it off and but it in a bowel of rice. I then let it dry for just over two days.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 2:12 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2014 2:21 PM in response to ninty99

Dry it in rice for five more days then

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

If still problem and you did not purchase the optional AppleCare+ extended warranty

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for $99 for the 16 GB 5G and $149 for the other 5Gs. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

Dried out my ipod 5th generation with rice method.charged it. My screen is black but if i press the home button for long enough it says siri not available. Any ideas how to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.