Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external storage to store movies

What is a good external drive to use with my new iMac 21.5 (late 2013)? I have a 1 TB Seagate at the present. Howver, what I have noticed is that after stroing n HD movie onto the external drive..when I move the mvie over to iTunes or play it from QickTime..sometimes there is a "stutter" on the movie. It appears that there has been a file error..even thougbI still cna watch the movie...it stil is little irrtitating to see the sttuter happen (evn though it may last less than 2 seconds). I guess my question is: is there or are there a fairly priced external drive(s) that I can use so this won't happen? Or is it just the natuer of the beast?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 2:20 PM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2014 2:41 PM in response to georgefromrome

I notice all my typos..sorry about that..here is the corrected version: I hope..😝

What is a good external drive to use with my new iMac 21.5 (late 2013)? I have a 1 TB Seagate at the present. However, what I have noticed is that after storing HD movies onto the external drive..when I move the movie(s) over to iTunes or play it from QuickTime..sometimes there is a "stutter" on the movie. It appears that there has been a file error or something..even though I still can watch the movie...it still is a little irrtitating to see the stutter happen (evn though it may last less than 2 seconds). I guess my question is: is there or are there fairly priced external drive(s) that I can use so this won't happen? Or is it just the nature of the beast?

external storage to store movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.