Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring files using a Chromebook

Hi there.

I am buying a Chromebook for the very first time at the end of the month. I also happen to have an iPhone 5C. Now, am i correct in saying that (after my minimum research) there is no direct way to transfer music files (.mp3) to an iPhone via a Chromebook am i correct?

My question is: are there workarounds in syncing my songs (or via iTunes) to my iPhone using a Chromebook?

Just thought i'd ask here.

Please advice. Thanks.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 2:50 PM

8 replies

Jan 1, 2017 6:05 AM in response to gino_76ph

I use an iphone 6s with a Samsung Chromebook. In the Web Store there's an app that takes you straight to iCloud where you log in with your Apple ID. You can upload and download anything from and to your Chromebook. You can also use iCloud Apps in the browser to create spreadsheets, documents notes, contacts, calender entries, etc. I have pinned the app icon to the task bar and use it just like any other app.

Another way to use an iphone with a chromebook is to use Google apps on your iPhone. Anything in those Apps is available immediately on your Chromebook. I also have a Macbook and I find that the synching of files is faster and easier by using Google apps.

Jun 4, 2017 7:30 PM in response to gino_76ph

This has been plaguing my new red iPhone 7 for the last week and driving me crazy! When the problem wasn't fixed with 10.1 on Monday, I got really frustrated. BUT I was able to fix the issue with this article:

http://robservatory.com/a-nasty-little-itunesios-bug-may-be-causing-media-sync-i ssues/

Basically, there's an iTunes syncing bug that gets crabby if you have any duplicate songs in your library. It even shows the same grayed out songs that jg8539 posted that I had, too. It was an easy fix!! I didn't need to buy the program the poster mentioned, though. Show Duplicates did the trick for me.

Hope this helps!!

Transferring files using a Chromebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.