Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Help to Change the Timings of Songs!

Basically, I've got a couple of albums in my iTunes that are displaying the song timings as being double the lenght that they should be. When I listen to these songs on my iPod, they play for their correct length, then skips to next song even though it's suggesting that there's still the same amount of time that has just passed left. For example, one song is 3 mins 5 secs long, however iTunes is saying that it's 6 mins 10 secs long; when I lsten to this song on my iPod it plays for the correct 3 mins 5 secs then cuts to next song (like it should) although the iPod says there's still anoth 3 mins 5 secs to be played.

I have tried changing the 'Stop Time' in the 'Get Info' option as people have suggested doing on other sites, but this just makes iTunes cut the song off even though it hasn't finished, e.g. Time = 6 mins 10 secs according to iTunes, Song actually lasts 3 mins 5 secs, I change the 'Stop Time' to 3:05:00 (3 mins 5 secs) but then iTunes only plays half the actual song length.

This is seriously starting to drive me insane, especially as everything else on my iTunes is grand.
I've tried everything that's in my knowledge that should, but doesn't, work.

I'd be ever so grateful if someone has a solution for my problem, as surely I cannot be the only that this has happened to!

If there is anything anyone finds unclear about my above explanation, just ask and I'll clear any confusion up.

Cheers!

iPod classic, Windows 7, Running iTunes 11.1.5

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 7:54 AM

Hello elkaynash

That is an interesting issue that I have not seen. When I have issues with playback or songs skipping, I convert the song to a different format in iTunes. That typically resolves the issue for me.

iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1550

Regards,

-Norm G.

3 replies

Need Help to Change the Timings of Songs!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.