Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted Chrome and Safari. How do I get internet back on my computer?

I deleted Chrome (after switching from Safari) thinking I could add Safari back. After uploading a basic Safari version (my comp is version 10.6.8), it says I don't have enough space on my hard drive to download safari. I have no internet to download anything back. I deleted large files from my hard drive and it isn't saying it's freeing up any more space. Should I put pictures from iPhoto on an external drive to clear things up? Thank you for your help! I'm stuck!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iMac 5,1

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 4:09 PM

After you delete files by moving them to the Trash then emptying the trash to free up disk space, make sure to restart your Mac then check available disk space.

Tips > Freeing space on your Mac OS X startup disk

Download for v10.6 > Safari 5.1.10 for Snow Leopard

The Safari file download is only 50mb's in size so freeing up space is critical because if you don't, at some point your Mac may not boot.

Control click the MacintoshHD icon on your desktop or open the Finder, right or control click startup disk in the Sidebar on the left then click Get Info.

You'll see Available and Capacity. Make sure there's at least 15% available disk space.

message edited by: CS

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2014 4:09 PM in response to Mountain Momma 2010

After you delete files by moving them to the Trash then emptying the trash to free up disk space, make sure to restart your Mac then check available disk space.

Tips > Freeing space on your Mac OS X startup disk

Download for v10.6 > Safari 5.1.10 for Snow Leopard

The Safari file download is only 50mb's in size so freeing up space is critical because if you don't, at some point your Mac may not boot.

Control click the MacintoshHD icon on your desktop or open the Finder, right or control click startup disk in the Sidebar on the left then click Get Info.

You'll see Available and Capacity. Make sure there's at least 15% available disk space.

message edited by: CS

I deleted Chrome and Safari. How do I get internet back on my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.