Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Share fail!

And tonight my homeshare has completely failed.

Nothing, not one device, can see my homeshare on my media PC. Tried with my PC/iPad/iPod/AppleTV. Restarted all devices, restarted media PC, restarted iTunes on media PC, rebooted the router, nothing works!

Apple really does my swede in sometimes, it's meant to just work out of the box, that's part of the premium experience of using all apple stuff together. Yet this is strange, since it has been working fine, no updates installed since I last used the home share, it's just decided to fall over for no reason!

Network connection is fine, I can remote desktop into the media PC, and access the music on iTunes via the remote desktop, just every other device can't see it. I have 4 devices, of which 2 are PCs, so well within the 5 authorised PCs allowed.

I can see no reason why my devices cannot talk to the home sharing PC. Especially when nothing has changed since they last accessed it! 😟

AppleTV 2, Other OS

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 4:32 PM

There are no replies.

Home Share fail!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.