Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW DO I load sync songs from Ipod mini to Itunes library on a new computer

iPod classic, iOS 1.x

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 5:16 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2014 6:47 PM in response to GPcorte

iTunes syncing is generally in one direction, from the computer's iTunes library to the iPod. So you cannot transfer song files from iPod to computer using iTunes, except for songs purchased from the iTunes Store. However, there are third-party methods and utilities that can transfer from iPod to computer. If you do an Internet search on something like "ipod transfer," you should get some links. (The CNET article seems to be popular.)

Once the song files are on your computer's drive, add them to your new iTunes library.

NOTE: Ideally, you should transfer your complete iTunes library from your old computer to your new computer. If that is possible (you still have access to your old computer with its iTunes library intact), and you want to try it that way (instead of using the iPod as your data "source"), you can post back for more info.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.