Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slide to Unlock - Broken in iOS 7.1?

Out of the 6 or so iOS devices I have in the family, one iPad Air GSM+Wifi 128Gb has been occasionally experiencing an issue where the "Slide to Unlock" in the lock screen does not allow a user to slide. As a result, you cannot get past the lockscreen. The iPad has been configured so that we don't need to enter a password. We should simply swipe with a finger and get in.

The only remedy is the forced restart/power off and on of the iPad (holding power button and home button depressed). This, of course, is extremely annoying.

As this has happened a few times now since we updated the iPad to iOS 7.1, I was curious to understand if anyone else is having the same kind of issue and not just on iPad but perhaps, iPad Mini, iPhone and even iPod.

There may be an underlying bug in iOS code that Apple has not properly surfaced and identified especially seeing that apps cannot write any code that can interact, affect or alter the behaviour of the "Slide to Unlock" function in the lockscreen.

Any similar incidents, please let me know.

Macbook Pro 15" Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.5), iPod Touch, iPhone 4, iPad

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 7:26 PM

2 replies

Apr 4, 2014 5:21 PM in response to Kappy

Unfortunately this is, in fact, a common and known issue by Apple that affects iOS 7.1.

binary0 - An easier work around to forced rebooting is to bring up the Control Center and choose the timer or calculator. Once that loads, exit back to the lock screen, and you should be able to unlock at that point.

Let's hope Apple fixes this in a future update.

Slide to Unlock - Broken in iOS 7.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.