Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anybody know whatthis means ????

Does anybody know why my Pantone f&h 3.0 disc will not work on my imac anymore .

I have an error message saying:- You can't open PANTONE f&h 3.0 becuse PowerPc applications are no longer supported???

Why... what does it mean and what do I need to do to get it working again???.

I am a freelance designer who uses pantone colour for deisn purposes in Photoshop and Illustrator CS6.

Any suggestions!!! as I do not have a clue what to do. Thanks xxx

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 8:19 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2014 9:27 PM in response to Moanymillar

This is a CD that has been coded for use with much older Macs when they used IBM PowerPC CPUs.

This disk probably worked when you were still using OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard as SL had a PowerPC code emulator

called Rosetta that still allowed older PowerPC software to still function with an Intel CPU based Mac running that version of OS X.

Apple finally ended support for older PowerPC code and application support by discontung the Rosetta emulation software from OS X 10.7 Lion and up!

You will need to contact Pantone or check the Pantone website to see if they have newer, updated discs or downloads available to use on your version of OS X 10.7.5 Lion.

Good Luck!

Does anybody know whatthis means ????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.