Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to log out from facebook messenger on ios

I downloaded facebook messenger on my iphone 4s . I logged in but was unable to find sign out please help

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1, Unable to log out since first login

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2014 8:09 PM

BUMP!

I can't believe Apple and the Apple community have the arrogance to not reply to this user's problem.

I know many people, myself included who are subject to this same problem, not only is it Extremely inconvenient, but it has lowered my thoughts of Apple all together.

If a user CANNOT sign out of the account they log into on their Messenger app, can someone from Apple at least have the decency and curtesy to say that it is not possible.

As many people have said, being as un-user-friendly as the app is, not allowing users to sign out, or being so hard to find how to, this is a major step backwards. Furthermore, since this is a serious security flaw, since I cannot logout, I can see that security is not an importance to Apple.

So far, all I have seen about this is being - insecurity, inconvenience and ignorance.

Please reply and please sort this issue,

UPM.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2014 8:09 PM in response to RazorRaturi199

BUMP!

I can't believe Apple and the Apple community have the arrogance to not reply to this user's problem.

I know many people, myself included who are subject to this same problem, not only is it Extremely inconvenient, but it has lowered my thoughts of Apple all together.

If a user CANNOT sign out of the account they log into on their Messenger app, can someone from Apple at least have the decency and curtesy to say that it is not possible.

As many people have said, being as un-user-friendly as the app is, not allowing users to sign out, or being so hard to find how to, this is a major step backwards. Furthermore, since this is a serious security flaw, since I cannot logout, I can see that security is not an importance to Apple.

So far, all I have seen about this is being - insecurity, inconvenience and ignorance.

Please reply and please sort this issue,

UPM.

Jan 23, 2017 6:14 AM in response to RazorRaturi199

Hi!,

Ok so to remove accounts from the messenger app. You have to jump onto the Facebook app on the device, press the 3 little lines in the bottom corner and press log out. Now from here before you log back in press the little button above login to different account (looks like the settings button) once you have pressed that you can press on the desired account that needs to be removed and it should say remove from device. Done!

Hope you found this helpful.

User uploaded file

Jun 6, 2014 12:09 PM in response to UltimatePieMan

Please don't refer to the volunteer users here as "arrogant." That's just plain rude. we volunteer our time here, we don't work for Apple, we don't get paid, and we don't see every post. We don't know the solution to every problem, either.

That being said, we are here to offer help with Apple products. You're asking for help with a Facebook product. Have you searched Facebook help pages at all? If you don't see a sign-out option, perhaps it isn't available. Just uninstall the app, maybe?

Dec 17, 2014 9:29 PM in response to RazorRaturi199

here's how:

login your account with facebook account on a browser >> click arrow down (upper right) >> settings >> security >> edit (Where youre logged in) >> It will show you all devices(Desktop/Laptop, iOS& Android) that you connected or use your facebook account and messenger, click (End Activity) for the device you wanted to disconnect.

Wait for awhile like about a minute and open your apps on mobile and it will show session expires.

how to log out from facebook messenger on ios

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.