Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nvidia GeForce GT650 M firmware update black screen.

I have a late 2012 MBP 2.3Ghz running a bootcamp partition for Windows 7. I recently updated my Nvidia graphics driver to v335.23 and since have had trouble getting Windows started. The loading screen boots up and completes and then the screen goes black. Windows starts up fine in safe mode. Uninstalled and reinstalled the same driver with the same result. Uninstalled driver again and Windows loaded fine (with onboard graphics). What's my solution here, I'm thinking a driver roll back but I don't know where to search/which version to try and roll back to.

Any help is much appreciated!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 9:08 PM

2 replies

Apr 3, 2014 5:38 PM in response to mende1

Went to the DL page and noticed that this driver is for Windows 7 32 bit, I'm looking for something compatible with 64bit. Also, I found that when I uninstalled the 335.23, windows update defaulted the driver reinstall to 327.23. This worked fine last night until today when I restarted my computer into Windows at which point it stopped working and I got the black screen again. Suggestions?

Nvidia GeForce GT650 M firmware update black screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.