Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast accepted, then rejected the next day.

Hey anybody.

I put up my first podcast episode a few days ago and everything was working great. Just to check it out i subscribed and downloaded the episode.

the next day i got the :

Dear podcast owner,

The following podcast has not been included in the iTunes podcast directory.

now my podcast does not seem to exist in itunes anymore. I tried to re-upload but i get the :

It appears the feed has already been submitted

the feed looks good i think : feed://scavengerbeats.com/feed/podcast/

It seems wierd after working fine it was rejected later. should i make another episode and try again? or would i get the same message on the podcast submit page....

using wordpress with powerpress, and libsyn

Any help would be awesome thanks

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 12:16 AM

4 replies

Apr 3, 2014 12:23 AM in response to scavbeats

A quick listen to your episode suggests that you may be including commercially issued recordings (certainly including a few bried clips of Billie Holiday). Doing so without the written permission of both the recording company and the artists involved is a breach of copyright and will certainly get you removed.

There is a bug in the submissions process that will tell you that a feed has already been submitted even though it's been removed. The workaround is to changte the title slightly.

Apr 3, 2014 12:38 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

wow your quick!

Okay i will try uploading a different song then. I did try to change the title a few times but that didn't seem to work. i kind of doubt it is the clip though i hear a lot of music being sold on itunes with obvious copywritten material. Is it normal to be accepted then rejected like this or could it be something i clicked. And is it normal for the whole podcast to dissapear from itunes or is it usually just an episode they reject?

Apr 3, 2014 1:06 AM in response to scavbeats

A lot of podcasts are 'mixes' of commercially issued CDs and as soon as the Store staff notice what they are the podcast is removed - the entire podcast, not just the episode. Because of the vast number of podcasts a lot of them get away with it, but it's still a breach both of copyright and the Terms of Use for podcasting.

In your case I imagine it was accepted simply because there were no technical problems but then someone looked more closely at it and was concerned about copyright breach - though you understand I have no connection with the Store staff and am simply estimating what happened.

Any use of copyrighted recordings is a breach of copyright and will get you removed. There is so-called 'podcast safe' music available (Google on the term) which is spefically allowed to be used in podcasts. If you find any of this to your taste and ddecide to use it, make sure to include the term 'podcast safe' in your overall description so that the Store staff know what it is - they can't be expected to just by hearing it.

podcast accepted, then rejected the next day.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.