Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages and imessages marked as delivered yet not received since last update. I cannot make sense of the troubleshooting page, why does this complex machine not just work?.

I updated my iphone -again, and now my girlfriend (and who knows who else) is not reliably receiving messages. I try sending as iMessage and as SMS and have iMessage checked in my options and send as text message if iMessage doesn't work also checked. It was working fine, I updated, now it's patchy at best and although messages are marked as delivered they aren't and I don't know unless I phone the recipient up. Have tried restarting, resetting and digging through the trouble shooting pages... Apple products used to just work, now my phone is like a puzzle that I have to solve. I'm ditching apple in October when my contract is up but would like to send texts in the meantime, any ideas?

iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 11:42 PM

Awesomez. Thanks apple support community, very helpful indeed. About as helpful as a phone that stops sending texts after the manufacturers update it. No worries though, I got a HTC yesterday, put my sim in and guess what? It works. Close this thread down thanks mods.

1 reply

Text messages and imessages marked as delivered yet not received since last update. I cannot make sense of the troubleshooting page, why does this complex machine not just work?.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.