Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else experience iWork 2.2 apps crashing?

Just updated to latest Pages, Numbers, Keynote apps, all versions 2.2. If for each app, after I create a new doc (or open an existing one), and then tap the '?' icon ("Help") followed by tapping on 'Learn more about using <Pages | Numbers | Keynote>', a new pane starts to draw, but then the app immediately crashes. Anyone else experiencing a similar problem? I've tried resetting the iPad (4th gen, iOS 7.1) but that didn't fix it. Otherwise the iPad is operating as expected.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 5:38 AM

10 replies

Apr 3, 2014 1:32 PM in response to MikeHejjas

I'm having the same problem it seems something in ios7.1 is causing the native apple help system to crash.

I have this problem with all those apps in both my iPad 3 and iPhone 5

I'm not sure if it has something to do with my Apple ID since it goes across devices.

I've already tried a hard restart and deleting the apps then reinstalling them and shutting off iCloud but nothing has fixed it

Apr 3, 2014 1:45 PM in response to Timaun

Update 4:42pm

I've discovered that it seems something in ios7.1 is causing the native apple help system to crash.

Numbers, pages and keynote all crash when you access the help system

I have this problem in both my iPad 3 and iPhone 5

I'm not sure if it has something to do with my Apple ID since it goes across devices.

I've already tried

+ a hard restart and

+ deleting the apps then reinstalling them and

+ shutting off iCloud but

nothing has fixed it

Apr 3, 2014 4:58 PM in response to MikeHejjas

This is an update to my orginal post. Not only does this issue affect the three iWork 2.2 iOS apps, but it also affects the iMovie 2.0 and iPhoto 2.0 iOS apps in the same way, and on my iPhone 5 in addition to my iPad (both running iOS 7.1). The "iWork Team" from Apple has already contacted me and requested that I email them crash dumps, which I have done...

Apr 4, 2014 1:45 AM in response to MikeHejjas

This is a 2nd update to my original post. After the iWork Team received my crash dumps, they sent email asking if I had any Accessibility features enabled, among other things. I did. To make a long story short, I had Settings->General->Accessibility->Button Shapes (newly awailable in iOS 7.1) set to On, and when I changed it back to Off (the default value), all five apps stopped crashing when I accessed their Help pages. Turning that setting back On immediately caused the crashes to reoccur. I sent email to the iWork Team telling them of my findings. So, at least in my case, the workaround solution is to turn that setting Off if I want to access Help, and hopefully Apple will provide the actual fix (most likely in an incremental release to iOS 7.1) in the near future...

Apr 4, 2014 2:00 PM in response to MikeHejjas

I haven't experienced the crash that you have as I haven't followed those steps.

Although I'm experiencing crashing of Numbers when I copy some fully functioning tables from one sheet to another, one spreadsheet to another and even when duplicating an entire fully functional sheet.

If I paste or duplicate and then touch any toolbar button - crash.

If I paste or duplicate and then simply wait 20 seconds - crash.

However, this is not true of every table or of every sheet. I just haven't pinpointed the problem. I feel that it's related to tables and that if a duplicated sheet crashes that it's because of a duplicated table.

I have absolutely no Accessibility options turned on.

Apr 4, 2014 2:32 PM in response to MikeHejjas

I've found the problem isn't as bad on my older iPad 2 (64GB) as it is on my brand new iPad Air (128GB). Pages and Numbers freeze up and occasionally crashes on the new iPad Air whenever I attempt to edit (cut or copy) a document. I'm unable to select the more than a word of text to be copied or cut often locking up the app. Both computer are running ios 7, with version 2.2 of Pages, Keynote and Numbers. I use Pages and Numbers quite extensively and don't need these problems. No Accessibility options are on. The problems existed before the apps updated this week. There must be a simple solution somewhere.

Anyone else experience iWork 2.2 apps crashing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.