Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printing problem with .pdf

27" iMac (2012), OS X 10.9.1, Canon MF4770n laser connected by ethernet cable through AirPort Extreme, HP C4200 connected directly via USB

The Problem: I received a .pdf file via e-mail and downloaded it. It consisted of a series of forms in unknown original format. I needed to print them out, sign them and return them. I opened .pdf in Preview but when I tried to print it, I got only blank pages from the printer. The printer seemed to be operating normally in all other respects.

What I have tried:

1. Successfulloy printed material from other applications using the same computer and Canon printer.

2. Successfully printed a different .pdf file from Preview using the same computer and Canon printer.

3. Successfully printed the offending .pdf from Preview on the same computer and the HP ink jet printer.

4. Successfully printed the offending .pdf from Adobe Reader using the same computer and Canon printer.

Since I was able to print the .pdf using Adobe Reader, this problem is not critical but it is rather mysterious. Any suggestions would be appeciated.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 9:30 AM

There are no replies.

printing problem with .pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.