Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying/syncing contacts from iPhone to iCloud.

Hullo all.

I am trying to consolidate my contacts on my iPhone and iCloud. They are both syncing correctly with each other but there seem to be some contacts that are saved on the iPhone only that are not being synced with iCloud.

I think this may be because they existed on the iPhone before I used iCloud and I may not have set it correctly from the start.

Is there are way of copying the iPhone contacts to iCloud and then removing them from the iPhone so that they don't duplicate and so that they then update as normal using iCloud?

Thank you.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 10:04 AM

1 reply

Apr 3, 2014 10:38 AM in response to Chris Poulson

Yes, that can be done. Open the contacts app on your iPhone and tap Groups. Do you have any non-iCloud accounts listed, such as On My iPhone, Gmail, Yahoo or an exchange account?

Also go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Default Account (in the Contacts section). Do you have the Default Account setting there, and if so, what is selected as your default account?

Copying/syncing contacts from iPhone to iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.