Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S - is receiving and sending UNKNOWN - Message not found text messages -

I recently ( in the last 72 hours ) started received messages from UNKNOWN and when looking at the message it showed Message Not Found. Now i have not recieved on this morning - but when sending a group message (which has worked flawlessly for months) all of a sudden they are receiving the same thing and not the message i am sending.

This just happened so randomly and i am wondering what it could be.

I have an iphone 4S (updated)

there are iphone 5 that i communicate with and one of the devices in the thread is a windows phone.

I dont believe it to be an issue with their phones but an issue with mine or my service.

Again this is totally random i didnt play with an setting changes -

I have reset my network settings - it doesnt happen when i get imessages.

Im thinking of restoring my phone to a "new" version and wiping everything clean - but before trying that extreme id like some help!

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 9:31 AM

1 reply

iPhone 4S - is receiving and sending UNKNOWN - Message not found text messages -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.