Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IMAC bluetooth will not connect on restart and I cannot get passed the password screen without it...Help

When I turned on my IMAC the bluetooth keyboard will not work. The number pad will work and so does the mouse. I cannot get into the system because I can not get passed the password screen. This has happened on other time but not sure what fixed it. I gave up and quit using it and when I came back later it was working just fine. Help

iMac, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 9:52 AM

1 reply

Apr 5, 2014 11:39 AM in response to sandyb7

Hi sandyb7,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Be sure to try these steps from the article above (Troubleshooting wireless mouse and keyboard issues) if your keyboard is not responding:

• Push and release the On/Off switch to turn on the Apple Wireless Keyboard.
  • When your keyboard is on and paired, and the batteries are charged, the light will glow steadily for several seconds, then turn off.
  • If your wireless keyboard isn’t paired with your Mac, the indicator light will begin to blink. This indicates your keyboard is in discovery mode and ready to pair with your Mac.
  • If the LED doesn't light up, remove the batteries to make sure they're good and that they're installed correctly.

If your keyboard is not pairing, or is paired but is not responding, next reset the SMC on your iMac using the steps in this article:

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Best,

Jeremy

My IMAC bluetooth will not connect on restart and I cannot get passed the password screen without it...Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.