Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the options if one iPad was stolen last week and Apple created a bug which the burglar can turn off "Find My Phone"?

Last week, my gf was stolen and lost her iPad. I thought that everything was lost because "Find My Phone" didn't manage to track the iPad location so the police could do something.

Today, I ended up reading this article (http://9to5mac.com/2014/04/03/ios-7-bug-allows-anyone-to-disable-find-my-iphone- and-bypass-activation-lock-without-a-password/) which tells me that the iOS 7.1 presents a bug where someone can deactivate the "Find My Phone" function without the password.

What are the options here so I can rehave the stolen iPad, which Apple helped the burglar to keep it or even sell it?

Appreciate your cooperation 🙂

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 10:56 AM

2 replies

What are the options if one iPad was stolen last week and Apple created a bug which the burglar can turn off "Find My Phone"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.