Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad/Iphone 4s with 7.1 OS distorts pictures received in email

A friend sent me a few pictures of furniture.

I use Outlook 2010 connect to an MS Exchange server.

They appear fine in my Outlook 2010 on my Windows PC - I can download them, work with them, etc.

However, if I look at them on my Ipad 2 (7.1) or Iphone 4s (7.1) the pictures look crazy- they will be cut down the middle and the bottom part shifted to the side. Or cut down the middle with the bottom or top part some strange faded out colors.

Anyone ever see this?

Anyone have a fix?

Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 12:19 PM

8 replies

Apr 6, 2014 2:47 PM in response to mksolid

I've been trying to reproduce the problem. Photos sent to myself from my iPad don't have the probem, nor do photos sent to myself from Outlook.

Of the affected photos I've received, one was in an HTML email from a Mac. Headers:

MIME-Version: 1.0 (Mac OS X Mail 7.2 \(1874\))

X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.1874)

The other was a plain text email from a gmail address, probably from a PC, and I suspect using the gmail web interface, but I'm not sure.

I'm on an Exchange server, so perhaps that's mangling it somehow, but I've never seen the problem before iOS7.1.

Sep 9, 2014 4:39 PM in response to pshute

I too have suffered through this problem since 'upgrading' to iso 7.1.2 for the sole purpose of getting my Face Time to work again. I posted this here two weeks ago with nary a single comment--

Pat9754

2 weeks ago (Show less)

Since upgrading to ios 7.1.2 yesterday on my ipad3 (for the sole purpose of being able to use Facetime again), emailed photos to me don't come through intact.

Some are 'shattered', others have broken pixals,or lines separating the photo into sections which are then in different colors.

I did a hard boot (on/off switch with home button) and still no change.

any helpful hints or do I have to wait until ios 8? This all 'fix' FaceTime!

Finally today I noticed on my own when I scrolled to the bottom of the email the line about 'this was downloaded as plain text. click here to see full message'

I said WHAT ???? (actually I said something else) as when I clicked on it ...my photos were there perfect...just as they had been BEFORE the iso 7.1.2.

So now each and every email that has photos, I need to scrroolllllllllllllllllllllllll way down to the bottom to click 'see full message' before I can see the photos. Of course I want to see the full message you apple dingbats!

By comparison, when I post on a Google help forum or Picasa Help Forum, I get immediate assistance from other users who are not paid Google employees..just kind folks who have gained knowledge through trial and error and share and solve problems.

I am not a happy Apple client and it is in no way 'intuitive' ..it is frustrating.😠

Sep 9, 2014 6:06 PM in response to Pat9754

Pat9754 wrote:

By comparison, when I post on a Google help forum or Picasa Help Forum, I get immediate assistance from other users who are not paid Google employees..just kind folks who have gained knowledge through trial and error and share and solve problems.

I am not a happy Apple client and it is in no way 'intuitive' ..it is frustrating.😠

I assume you asked for help in another thread and didn't get it? The answer's been here for months, although it's a hard one to search for. And of course it's not intuititve - it's a bug.

Let's hope it's fixed in iOS8. There's a lot of talk about new features like time lapse photos, but not much about existing bugs.

Sep 9, 2014 6:36 PM in response to pshute

You assume correctly.

in this reply, I had copied and pasted the body of my thread post from 2 wks ago after fruitless searching on Apple 'help' forums using every variety of way of trying to describe the trouble I was having with different combinations of 'photos in email with ios 7.1.2.'

You would think...an intuitive product like Apple...would be able to grab those words and find THIS thread given the two combinations of ios 7.1.2. and pictures/photos. (for the record, my thread title ended being called 'ios 7.1.2.ipad photos broken'

I too am ever hopeful that along with the iWatch and IPhone 6 and 6+, with IOS 8 we will get back the things we had before that were never broken...like emailing photos and attachments without having to scroll to the bottom of the email and click 'see full message'.

Ipad/Iphone 4s with 7.1 OS distorts pictures received in email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.