Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon 32 gig VIXIA HF G20 HD - FC6?

Hi Gang

My friend is getting an incompatibilty warning that he can't log and transfer using the Canon 32 Gig VIXIA HF G20 HD in FC6, (within an older Power Mac G5).

Aside from using iMovie 11, does anyone have any suggestions - we can't afford an Intell Dual right now.

Thanx

Mike

Mac OS X (10.4.11), #3 Dual Core 2.0 G5 Desktops

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 1:53 PM

5 replies

Apr 3, 2014 9:54 PM in response to Meg The Dog

Hi Meg

As per Shane, I actually just tried to get 'Clipwrap' for my own G5, and couldn't find a version for 10.4.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you'd have to have something to start with - some type of file that was pulled off the camera - correct?

The problem is, only iMovie 11 will aceept clips from that camera, and export Via its own version, (whatever that is?)

Are you saying that Clipwrap has a built-in capture software to connect to the camera?

Thanx

Mike

Apr 3, 2014 10:39 PM in response to ENIGMACODE

On the Clipwrap Legacy page, I see a version for OS 10.5, nothing earlier.

When you use clipwrap you plug the camera in to the computer and the camera will appear as a disk drive on the desktop. You then drag the video files you want to convert into clipwrap and it will do the conversion.

I don't know anything about iMovie.

You might want to contact Clipwrap and see what they recommend in your situation. I think the problem is that you are using AVCHD material on operating systems and hardware that pre-date the implementation of AVCHD capable workflows.

MtD

Canon 32 gig VIXIA HF G20 HD - FC6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.