Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 3gs turns off by itself and sometimes doesn't turn on

My iphone 3gs sometimes just turns off... The screen would go white for a second and than it shuts off. Sometimes i can just press every button and it won't change anything so i think my phone is broken but than it just comes magicly on. It doesn't matter if is plugged in or not it just happens randomly and usually when it happens once it happens another few times when i turn it back on and after i turn it back on i have to be really carefull because a little hit on the back side and it wpuld turn off again. Also a month or so ago my phone fell and half of the screen is cracked.

I got the phone from y so it was used but i don't think she had any problems with it.

Pleaseee heeelppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 2:15 PM

It's pretty old. You may need a new battery which you could buy yourself and replace or go to an Apple store and they will replace it there at a significant cost.

3 replies

Apr 3, 2014 2:22 PM in response to Mee88

It sounds to me like you may have a loose connection inside the phone, battery connector or sleep/wake switch. I say this because you mention that tapping the phone on the back seems to cause it to shut down. I would recommend taking it to Apple or a trustworthy repair shop and have them look it over.

My iphone 3gs turns off by itself and sometimes doesn't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.