Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different Apple ID on iPhone, iPad

After updating my wife's iPhone to iOS 7, I noticed that the Apple ID on her iPhone was different than the Apple ID on her iPad. I changed the Apple ID on the iPhone and the result of this was the loss of all of her contacts. A. Is there a way to get the contacts back? B. Is there a way to import/export contacts? Thanks for any help.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 3:04 PM

Have you tried using the old Apple ID again? All of her contacts are synced with iCloud. The account removal will eventually remove the contacts.

You can export the contacts on your Mac registered with the same Apple ID. In Contacts, click All Contacts at the top of the Groups list, select all contacts, then choose File > Export > Export vCard. It will generate a .vfc file that you use to import on the proper account.

Message was edited by: Rhapa

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2014 3:04 PM in response to Hgr301

Have you tried using the old Apple ID again? All of her contacts are synced with iCloud. The account removal will eventually remove the contacts.

You can export the contacts on your Mac registered with the same Apple ID. In Contacts, click All Contacts at the top of the Groups list, select all contacts, then choose File > Export > Export vCard. It will generate a .vfc file that you use to import on the proper account.

Message was edited by: Rhapa

Different Apple ID on iPhone, iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.