Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long will Apple support the iPhone 4s?

I'm trying to hold out as long as possible before I have to change all of my accessories over to the new connector system.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 2:41 PM

What do you mean "Support"?

6 replies

Apr 3, 2014 2:42 PM in response to JoryTexas

Apple's stuff usually doesn't become obsolete until like 5 or more years after the original release date. I think they just recently quit supporting the original iPhone form 2007 😝 So don't worry. If you do have issues, it may be out of warranty, but I think you may end up with another iPhone before they quit supporting it entirely as the iPhone 4S is still sold new.

Apr 3, 2014 3:01 PM in response to JoryTexas

I think the general trend is that iOS updates have been compatible with any models sold from Apple as new for like 2 years or more. So when they quit selling the iPhone 4S on Apple.com, then you could start counting 2 years and get a pretty good idea as to when the iOS update might not be compatible, but again, they give no guaruntee.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.