Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac G5.1 DVD Player Error

I just bought an iMac G5 (it refures to itself as an iMac G5.1) with the camera. i inserted a DVD. it did nothing. i couldn't eject (i tried all the strategies) and DVD Player just says "A Valid DVD Drive could not be found. [-70012]"

it runs Mac OS X v10.4.11 (Tiger)

what should i do?

(also a part of the case popped off. how do i fix it?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 3:36 PM

7 replies

Apr 4, 2014 11:28 AM in response to WF72

(i tried all the strategies)

Please detail ALL you have done so far in the way of troubleshooting? Need this info to avoid the been there done that scenarios.

I just bought an iMac G5

what should i do?

Call the seller & ask them what was wrong w/the iMac prior to selling it to you.

also a part of the case popped off. how do i fix it?

Check out the following DIY instructions:

iMac G5 Take Apart Instructions

iFixit

YouTube’s “How To” tutorials.

User uploaded file

Apr 4, 2014 12:16 PM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

i held down the mouse button while booting, i held F-12 , i typed drutil tray eject in to the terminal, and i went on to the disk utility (wasn't there)

also i bought it off Craigslist

and those case things don't help much. i acidentilly popped the upper right side off and are trying to get it back on. im also trying to get that CD out of there, install Mac OS X v10.6 (Snow Leopard), and upgrade it's RAM

Apr 4, 2014 12:49 PM in response to WF72

i typed drutil tray eject

Not the correct terminal code. The correct code is: drutil eject

Then you press RETURN

i bought it off Craigslist

If the seller didn't advise you of what is wrong and/or why they were selling, no telling is wrong w/it! For all you know, the seller could have been selling that G5 for parts only. You get what you pay for!

Sorry, I cannot help you any further if You Tube & iFixit cannot help. Hopefully, a more knowledgable person will step in here. You will need to advise the helpers which model G5 iMac you have.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1758How to identify iMac models

http://support.apple.com/manuals
User & DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Manuals

User uploaded file

iMac G5.1 DVD Player Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.