Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text disappears when I drag and drop a photo, Pages 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2

When I drag and drop a photo into a Pages text block in 5.0, 5.1 and now 5.2 the text disappears completely no matter what box I check under: Attange - Text Wrap and Text Fit.

Then when I delete the photo my text does not return and I have not been able to get it back.

Any Idea how I can drag and drop an image into a text block and have it automatically wrap around the photo like I did in Pages 4.3?

Thanks,

Mac Pro, Mac OS 9.2.x

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 3:49 PM

5 replies

Aug 7, 2014 3:37 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

I found a workaround for this problem.

If I

1. shrink the text box vertically - making it half the width of the page and positioned on the left side, then

2. drag the photo to the empty right side of the page, and then

3. drag the right side of the text box over to the right margin, expanding the text box around the photo,

the text justifies and the photo is in the right spot.

Hope this is helpful, let me know if I need to explain better.

Patrick

Aug 7, 2014 12:20 PM in response to BobB99755

A better approach with images and Text Boxes in Pages v5(.2) is to set your text as you want it in the Text Box, and then deselect the Text Box.

Now, drag/drop, or use the Media toolbar icon to get the image into your document (adjacent) to your Text Box. Scale the image (Arrange panel, or diagonal click and drag on image) to the size you want inside your Text Box.

Select your image, and while still in the Arrange panel, set the Object Placement to Move with Text, and Text Wrap to Around (or desired setting). Now, you can drag your image into your Text Box, and your text simply scurries out of the way to surround, or accommodate the image.

User uploaded file

Text disappears when I drag and drop a photo, Pages 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.