Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All the outer buttons on my Ipod touch 4gen stopped working

I hadn't had my iPod for a while so the amount of apps I had to update was crazy. I pressed update all and waited. I couldn't do much on the ipod cuz most of the good apps were updating. I waited for about 15 minutes and rechecked my ipod. Most of them were still updating. Only 3-4 had successfully updated. I was becoming restless so I started playing with my ipod. I opened an app and was using it for a while. I got bored and pressed the home button to exit the app but the home button wasn't working. I though it had just frozen. My ipod did that alot but recovered quite quickly usually. So I touched the screen and the app still worked. Nothing at happened to it. I tried the sleep button and that wouldn't work either. The volume buttons weren't working as well. I put it on my carging dock and left it there for a while hoping that the lock scrren would show up but it didn't and now I have no idea what to do. Apple Inc. isn't exactly helping me cux their lines are busy. The battery is full so I thought I might wait till the battery died and then charge the ipod and hopefully it would work again. Please help me!! I don;t know what else to do. All the buttons were working fine then they ALL stopped suddenly.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 2:28 AM

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2014 2:28 AM in response to Mahak.9445

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

All the outer buttons on my Ipod touch 4gen stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.