Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Air seems to have a virus.

It is a rather irritating issue I recently noticed when online a couple days ago. I was on a Wiki for a game and opened a link in a new tab. I was redirected to a popup ad; I thought it was annoying but some sites do that automatically, so I thought little of it. That is, until I closed all the windows from that site and went to another that has never given me ads like that before and had suddenly started to. It's happened with all of my windows and it is annoying. When it does the address bar says "popup blocked" even though the popup definitely showed up. I do not generally visit dodgy sites; several weeks ago I went on a couple of video streaming websites that are commonly fraught with popups and big ads, but the problem did not arise until weeks of not going on these websites. Do I have a virus, and if so, is there a way that I can fix my laptop? The problem has shown up with Google Chrome as the browser; I have not tried any others. Thank you for your help.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 6:05 PM

You dont have a virus, that just java script.

Install the free addon for chorme, or safari, or firefox, Ghostery

https://www.ghostery.com/en/

3 replies

My Macbook Air seems to have a virus.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.