Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are some iPhoto folders greyed out in iTunes

There are folders checked and syncing in the Photos tab of my iTunes sync page that do not permit me to check or uncheck them. They are fine and completely updated when synced. But I'd like to uncheck some of them and stop them from being on my iPhone. What can I do?

MacBook Air, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 7:28 PM

7 replies

Apr 4, 2014 6:41 PM in response to crooked6p

thx for responding, but I am choosing which folders I want and would like to continue to choose them. The fact that this response is nearly 12 hours late is proof of Apple's inneptitude with social software. I am choosing the folders. But almost half my list of folders is greyed out. It seems like a multiple computer authorisation problem ... but it is definitely not. Please ... everyone ... help.

Apr 12, 2014 1:12 PM in response to crooked6p

crooked6p wrote:

The fact that this response is nearly 12 hours late is proof of Apple's inneptitude with social software.

First, let's clear up this misunderstanding. We are Apple users here. We volunteer to help out folks with issues. We do not punch a time clock. We respond at our discretion if and when we like.

crooked6p wrote:

I am choosing the folders. But almost half my list of folders is greyed out.

I suggest you attach a screen shot much as I did in my earlier response. Show the "Sync Photos from" line as I did along with the selections underneath. Then attach another screen shot showing your grayed- and not grayed-folders. Remove any personal identifying information.

Apr 12, 2014 6:37 PM in response to crooked6p

The screen shot will help both of us understand immensely - thanks for posting it.

I assume the event "MDGN - Calendar 2014" is an example of an event that you would like to uncheck - if only you were allowed to do so.

The reason you cannot uncheck this is that at the top of your screen shot, you said to "automatically include --- events from the last 6 months." So undoubtedly, MDGN - Calendar 2014 is an event that is less than six months old, and therefore you cannot unchieck it.

Why are some iPhoto folders greyed out in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.