Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restart + Command + R

Hello,

I had to google to find out that this is the magic key combination to restore my entire system to a certain date

after updating my system to Mavericks and making some test runs with some new Apple apps and the files I have

created with prior versions. (I had problems with my files and some "rapid prototyping apps", therefore I decided

to downgrade.)

I played around with the migaration manager because I thought that's the way how to do it but couldn't figure

out how to manage to downgrade my computer by using a certain TimeCapsule backup.

Maybe, I am wrong, but as a User Interface Designer I would suggest to apply this "feature" under

the "Time Machine" control panel. From there it would be nice to have a list of entries such as:

---

List:

- Date

- Time

- OS version

Button:

Restore

---

I choose the appropriate entry and click "Restore" to restore my entire system from a Time Capsule

backup.

If that's not enough, as a User Interface Designer I would suggest to implement a similar feature

by launching the "Time Machine" application itself.

Greetings,

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 3:43 AM

1 reply

Restart + Command + R

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.