Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water inside my iphone 5s screen!

I crashed motorcycle in the rain. Just look at the phone screen cracked tempered glass (screen ok thank God) when on screen all ok no problem. Until arrive at home i found that in the iphone screen there is some water (probably rain water) at the right angle of the phone and then in some time it become big and spreading . But the screen is ok. i still can use it without and problem at all. But because of i am worried a lot, I take my phone off and put it in the airtight plastic container that filled with rice. Is my action is correct? I really concerned if there was any effect which may be discharged my warranty claim. I am using iphone 5s gold 32GB.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 5:35 AM

5 replies

Apr 4, 2014 6:28 AM in response to wjosten

how about this. My problem i think is similar with this guy.

I wanted to share my damaged iphone experience and offer a tip to help remove water marks from screen after exposing your iphone to excessive moisture. I was lucky enough to having my phone still operational after the water issue but had screen markings / dark spots from water. I was caught in a rain storm and ended up getting soaked, including my pockets which was where my phone was located. I decided to compile a few ideas I found online in 1 recommended tip. If your phone is not operational, you may just want to bag the phone in rice while powered off for a few days. This is for those people with water marks beneath the screen but phone is still working otherwise: 1. Go to settings>general>auto-lock and select 'never' 2. Go to settings>brightness&wallpaper and select auto-brightness 'off', then set brightness level to max! 3. Connect charging cable and place phone in a bag or container completely submerged in instant rice (uncle bens worked for me) 4. Allow a day or two of this drying out to occur and observe how the stains start changing and disappearing! I was amazed that this actually worked! The rice helped to pull the moisture out of the phone and the screen, being on , helped to generate enough heat which helped it dry out quicker. Definitely give this a try before spending up to $200 in insurance deductibles for a refurbished phone. Hope this helps, please feel free to share any other tips / ideas you may have. iPhone 5

you think will it help?

*my phone now in the dried rice. the outer one is just casing.

User uploaded file

Apr 4, 2014 6:31 AM in response to zikery

zikery wrote:

you think will it help?

*my phone now in the dried rice. the outer one is just casing.

Again, you can only try. Sometimes this works, most of the time it doesn't. Perhaps you'll get lucky.

I wouldn't advise powering your phone on though...too much of a risk of shorting something out.

Good luck.

Water inside my iphone 5s screen!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.