Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to erase the new Garage band and convert to my old one. As soon as it downloaded, I Lost all of my songs from the previous Sessions,HOW DO I GET THEM BACK?

I want to erase the new Garage band and convert to my old one. As soon as it downloaded, I Lost all of my songs from the previous Sessions,HOW DO I GET THEM BACK?

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 4:34 AM

1 reply

Apr 4, 2014 5:00 AM in response to DionKenyatta

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.6

Your signature lists both, Mac and iOS device - are you asking about GarageBand on your Mac or your iPhone/iPad?

• If you are asking about the upgrade from GarageBand '11 to GarageBand 10.0 on your Mac, the old GarageBand version should still be installed. The installer will have moved GarageBand '11 to a separate folder "GarageBand 6.0.5" in your Applications folder. Open this folder and click "GarageBand". Does this version still see your old projects? If not, type ".band" into the Spotlight searchfield in the upper right corner of your screen. Does that sfind your missing projects?
  • If you are asking about GarageBand on iPad/iPhone, there it is not possible to restore the previous version after you upgraded. And I do not see, how this upgrade could have deleted your projects. Have they completely vanished, or can you not open them any longer? If your projects have vanished, restore your device from your backup: See: iCloud: Backup and restore overview

-- Léonie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.