Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac changes default microphone in FaceTime at random

Mac Mini late 2012, Mavericks, NEC monitor, Logitech Camera, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Firewire Audio

Hi there,

I have an ongoing issue with FaceTime in which the microphone default at random is switched from my Logitech Camera to my Focusrite Firewire audio interface.

The Camera is highlighted as the deafult in systems settings. But after reboots or restarts or I think even at random while the machine is running Facetime switches the audio input. It's a quick fix when I get a call from the "Video" drop down menu to switch it back but it's still annoying when most calls start off with "I can't hear you".

Any thoughts? Are there any deeper system files or scripts that could permanently make the microphone the default?

Thanks

Mac mini, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 7:57 AM

1 reply

Apr 4, 2014 12:38 PM in response to 7enderbender

Im not sure if there are any files or scripts that will make your mic deafault to built-in.

Make sure you have the latest version Saffire Mix Control, try different ports , perhaps it could be your adapter (if using one).

What operating system are you running?

Does this happen when using other DAWs?

Please contact support if still in need of help:

http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Mac changes default microphone in FaceTime at random

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.