Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Email problems

My emails stopped working last year. I read every forum post tried every setting. Changed the pop to imap and back again made sure ssl was ticked etc.

I got so frustrated that I called apple care. They charged me £25 to look at the problem. They also went through every setting, took over my machine and done it themselves just incase i was completely useless and were unable to help. They then got my core files sent off to them to ananlyse. The result was 'it's not an issue with us it's an issue with Microsoft' the refunded me the money as they were unable to help and referred me to Microsoft.

The less said about the robot i spoke to the better. Basically they referred me to read more material on their site. When I informed them I already had they repeated themselves. It got to the point that I hung up as it was so unhelpful.

I then dutifully posted in Microsofts forum and have received squat after 1 week.

I feel I have been incredibly patient. But one year to not send emails is just stupid.

I can receive emails no problem but sending them cannot be done. I keep getting told the settings are wrong or the password/username is incorrect... I assure you this is not the case.

My iPhone 4 is working fine sending emails fine receiving etc as does my email through a browser but it is just in the mail application. I recently upgraded to Mavericks and thought this would solve the problem.

So further compound my confusion i got my partner an iPhone 5 along with a Macbook Pro 13" guess what I can't even get the Hotmail to set up on either.

Is anyone else experiencing extreme frustration also? Has anyone been able to fix it? Is this a Microsoft v Apple schoolyard spat that is taking the proverbial...?

Apologies on the rant and at times incoherant nature of my post however this has severely frazzled my noggin... thats my excuse anyway.

Thanks in advance and I eagerly look forward your reply.

Richard

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 7:27 AM

3 replies

Mac Email problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.