Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.0.6 iPhone 4s Personal Hotspot issue.

Hey guys,

I've been scrolling through page after page trying to resolve my issue.

Basically, I get limited access (so no access at all) when using my Hotspot over WiFi, and it just will not work when trying Bluetooth or USB.

I've tried everything, from resetting the network settings, restoring the iPhone, changing settings on my laptop (which I know is not the problem, as my girlfriend's 4s running 7.0.6 connects perfectly, and we're both on the same carrier, AND I've already rang my carrier and tethering is enabled).

The phone connects to WiFi networks perfectly, and the phone syncs to my computer no problem. I'm running Win7 Home Premium on my laptop, with the latest iTunes also.

So what can I do??

I don't really want to update to iOS 7.1, as all I've heard is more issue about WiFi and battery consumption!!!

And fortunatly for me, I live in Ireland.... So i can't access a Genius bar.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 7:20 AM

3 replies

Apr 8, 2014 5:32 AM in response to jason269

Hi, tahnks for the reply.

Unfortunatly, I've been to that post several times, and it's doing nothing for me!

I've even swapped SIM cards with my girlfried. I can use the Hotspot on her phone, but she can use mine. I'm starting to think it could be a hardware issue?

Is this possible if I'm able to connect to a WiFi network??

iOS 7.0.6 iPhone 4s Personal Hotspot issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.