Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After rebooting mac, backup from hard drive was too large and didn't happen. I continued the reboot and can safely use my mac now, but how do I transfer the backup files I need from my hard drive onto my mac/macs system?

Seems like a silly question but I had an appointment at my local apple store about a start up issue, ran some tests and passed them which was fine.

After this, I was left to reboot my mac and basically transfer files from my harddrive onto my macbook. However, I couldn't choose the files to be transferred and so I went with the reboot and the startup issue I initially had was fixed, although I need the files from my hardrive to be transfered onto my mac.

There are backups and documents I need.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 6:01 AM

1 reply

After rebooting mac, backup from hard drive was too large and didn't happen. I continued the reboot and can safely use my mac now, but how do I transfer the backup files I need from my hard drive onto my mac/macs system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.