Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD Alternatives

Hello,

Since iDVD is discontinued and no longer available since 2011. What legal alternatives do you use. Hopefully nothing too expensive.

My macbook never came with the iDVD software.

I recored some videos using my GoPro during Christmas of 2013. Mainly they were the nativity scenes or Christmas Villages of Family Members (Anyone who is of European Decesnt will know what I'm talking about).

I have done very basic editing using iMovie to each video. The final product of each video is an mp4. What I would like is to transfer it to a DVD with a DVD Menu.

Basically when the DVD gets inserted into whatever DVD player, the menu will pop up.

Since iDVD is gone, what legal software would you recomend that will produce the desired results? I have tried the trial versions on the internet, but their dvd menus are not good quality or variety. I'm not looking for something professional, just something that is inexpensive and it works.

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 7:09 AM

1 reply

iDVD Alternatives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.