Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot load any Disc into my optic drive.

Need some help about my optic drive.I cannot load any CD or DVD into the slot.It seems like something was inside the optic drive.Can only load in a few mm of the disc inside the slot.Anyone please help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), MBP 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2008

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 3:55 AM

The Optical drives in these computers include a sheet metal "shell". In some cases, handling by holding the Mac in one hand near the DVD slot can cause a bned in the top plate, so that the drive top plate blocks the DVD-entry slot. This can preclude inserting a DVD into the slot.

In the US, the solution is to make an appointment at the genius bar for a FREE evaluation and drive-straightening session.

In other parts of the world this may not be free, and/or you may choose to do this yourself.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2015 3:55 AM in response to faisallizan

The Optical drives in these computers include a sheet metal "shell". In some cases, handling by holding the Mac in one hand near the DVD slot can cause a bned in the top plate, so that the drive top plate blocks the DVD-entry slot. This can preclude inserting a DVD into the slot.

In the US, the solution is to make an appointment at the genius bar for a FREE evaluation and drive-straightening session.

In other parts of the world this may not be free, and/or you may choose to do this yourself.

Cannot load any Disc into my optic drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.