Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 3rd gen not charging via wall socket

Ok I'm really annoyed right now, my iPad 3rd gen has suddenly decided not to charge when plugged via adapter to the wall socket. I thought it was the cables fault so I went into the currys store and bought an apple charger, came home and I have the same problem. When I plug my iPad to the wire to charge the battery sign flashes between between charging and not charging and then I get a message saying maybe this device is not compatible with the iPad and now I just keep getting the message saying "not charging". So I plugged the wire to my MacBook and yay the iPad charges, but its a little bit inconvinient for me and I prefer charging via the wall socket. I've tried everything resetting etc I've even done the software update (ios7.1). Can someone please tell me what's going on, am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated! Oh I've also ordered the apple 12w adaptor charger, do you think this will solve the problem? Thank you

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 8:26 AM

2 replies

iPad 3rd gen not charging via wall socket

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.