Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac won't accept my iTunes I'd for FaceTime but phone/iPad work!?

My iTunes Id will not log into FaceTime on my MacBook, but will allow others to sign in and I can sign in on other apple products!? :/

Have reformatted the mac and all reinstalled with the same problem... Seems it's my id and this one computer that has a problem with each other!? Short of setting up a new iTunes account is there anyway this can be resolved.

Note. I don't use my iTunes for anything except FaceTime as I use hubby's account to buy things! :)

MacBook

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 11:20 AM

1 reply

Apr 6, 2014 9:50 AM in response to Leahlew

Hello Leahlew,

It sounds like you are unable to sign into FaceTime with your Apple ID on your Mac only. I recommend starting with these steps from the article named:

FaceTime for Mac: Troubleshooting FaceTime

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4185

• Check that your email address is verified in FaceTime > Preferences.

If FaceTime > Preferences shows your email status as "verifying," follow the instructions in the verification email that was sent to complete the process.

• Toggle FaceTime off and on in FaceTime > Preferences.
  • If still unable to Sign In follow the instructions in FaceTime, Game Center, Messages on OS X: Troubleshooting Sign in

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

mac won't accept my iTunes I'd for FaceTime but phone/iPad work!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.