Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update failed. Now iTunes won't recognize iPhone.

I connected my iPhone 4s to my computer, and iTunes prompted me to update my iphone. I initiated the update and awhile later the update failed and now my phone only shows a picture of the phone's cable with an arrow pointing to the iTunes logo. Whenever I plug it in, iTunes does not recognize it. I have gone throught the basic fixes suggested, but the issue remains. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, I have restarted Apple Mobile Support, I have reinstalled the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. I don't know what else to do.

I am using Windows 7.

iPhone 4S, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 11:37 AM

4 replies

Apr 6, 2014 6:01 PM in response to Anthony Hobbs

I really wasn't sure what on my computer was causing the problem, but I just used another computer whose iTunes recognized my phone, was able to restore it to factory settings, and then my computer's iTunes recognized it once it was no longer in recovery mode, and I was able to return my iphone to normal with a previous backup.

Thanks for trying to help.

Update failed. Now iTunes won't recognize iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.